Each school elects a school community council consisting of parents, teachers and the principal. LAND stands for Learning And Nurturing Development. Your council or committee prepares a plan that identifies the school’s greatest academic need(s). The plans are approved by local school boards for implementation the following school year. Your council or committee receives an annual dividend from the permanent State School Fund every July to implement your school’s approved plan during the next school year.
Riverside Elementary Community Council Meetings
All meetings held in the school library
Wednesday, October 7th @ 8:00 am
Wednesday, November 4th @ 8:00 am
Wednesday, January 6th @ 8:00 am
Wednesday, February 3rd @ 8:00 am
Wednesday, March 3rd @ 8:00 am
Wednesday, April 7th @ 8:00 am
Community Council Minutes 2020-21
Wednesday, October 7th
- Motion to elect Jade Bluemel as Vice Chair
- Vote passed
- Budget review of the current year. Discussion on realigning funds from the science budget to technology. Science SEED standards adopted new this year and extra resources were given by the school district and state. Continue budget discussions in November’s meeting.
- Discussion on the current state of Riverside. Discussion of the overall impact of COVID protocols.
Wednesday, November 4th
- Follow up discussion on boundary meeting from October. Boundary changes will impact those families living in the White Dome and Desert Edge neighborhoods by the airport. These changes are proposed to be in effect for the 2021-2022 school year.
- COVID- Riverside has handled the pandemic circumstances very well. There have been zero reported student positive tests from our school. We continue to monitor and plan for teachers needing time off and adjusting for supplying masks.
- Food Drive- This is set to kick off next week. Teachers will collect the items in classrooms and box up the food for families in the community.
- Positive feedback about our school Wellness Room. It has been a benefit to our students. They are able to go to the Wellness Room and calm down and learn techniques to monitor their emotions before they return to class.